Tuesday, January 5, 2016

An Introduction

This post is going to be a brief introduction to me, why I'm making this blog, and what this blog is about. Come along for the ride.

My name is Courtney and I'm a student at Keystone School Online. I'm taking an English 4 course, and it is my last course to finish up. Eeeep! Finally! Phew. Anyway, during the course, I've had to read the book "The Kite Runner" by Khaled Hosseini, and now, as an assignment, I have to make a web page about it. It's a really different assignment. I'm not sure how this works, particularly because the assignment page says we shouldn't have to publish the posts, except I don't know how I would be able to show the work otherwise. So, I might be foolish, but I'm actually going to publish my work, on the Internet, for anyone to see, and hope that I don't embarrass myself, and complete the work accurately.

So, as I've mentioned this blog is really only for an assignment, an assignment about a book. What you can expect from this blog, as of now, is this introduction, a posting about loyalty, one about betrayal, and lastly, cultural context found in the story. The assignment has four parts: intro, loyalty, betrayal, culture context. Four parts, four posts. Sounds, somewhat, simple enough. I hope.

Spying the Runner might seem like an unusual title, but to me, for this activity, I am spying into the depths of The Kite Runner. I'm delving into the pages and picking passages out, plucking information and scenarios, and looking at them deeper with the eye of a spy. Spying the Runner is the title that is fitting for me and this assignment and for this blog. I hope you like it and where I am about to take you. I'll see you in my next posting.

No comments:

Post a Comment